Using Linux: Search, Download and Install App and Packages

Hello! This is my second linux tutorial! Today I am going to write about a simple topic which is not a error or dark issue for a linux user but not less than it. Especially for the lite version user i.e Linux Lite or Mate, e.g Kali Lite, Ubuntu Mate etc all the application are not preloaded in the iso file . So, after installation you have to manually download those file you needed. But many beginners does not know how to search for a app and download it because you have to do all these things using terminal which is quite difficult for them, isn't it? So in this article I will discuss on the same topic and tell you that how could you search for a app package in linux and install it.

So here is the step wise guide.

Step 1: Open terminal.

Step 2: Get root access ( I have a bad behaviour that I wont say anything twice. So, if you don't now how to get root access view my 1st tutorial )

Step 3: Type in terminal "apt-get update" and hit enter.

Step 4: Search for the app using this code : " apt-cache search Tag " (Replace Tag with the application search tags you want to download)

Step 5: Download and install : "apt-get install app_name_from_search_result"



Boom! you are done.

If any error occur during this process comment below, I will try to find solution because I am too a beginner.
Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts